Sunday, June 10, 2012

Running for My Life (and the life of all the girls on the streets)...



"Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished!" Luke 1:45

This morning, I woke up from a panic-stricken dream.  At the beginning of my dream, I had to get back to Rwanda; there was a sense of urgency, but I do not know why.  We didn't have the money to send me back; however, I went to the airport anyways.  Somehow, I was able to board a flight with no plane ticket or passport.  The next thing that I know is that I am sitting in a woman's car.  I apparently trusted this woman as there was a calmness about the ride.  She was suppose to be taking me to the airport in Kigali to fly back home.  I told her that I was hoping that I could get back home as I had no ticket or passport.  She passed the airport, and as she was pulling up to a car (and a sense of panic started to rise up in me), she told me that she had some work that she wanted me to do for her cousin.  As I looked over, I saw a man who looked like trouble.  I punched the lady in the face (maybe my TaeKwonDo side coming out :) ), got out of the car, and ran for my life.  Then, I woke up.

The "running for my life" dreams are nothing new.  Although, they used to consist of me continuously running from my Step-father in my dreams.  I haven't had one of those dreams in many years.  They were exhausting as I ran and ran for what seemed like all night long...jumping over fences, hiding out in people's back yards.  However, this morning when I woke up, I didn't have a panic for myself but a panic for the all the girls currently living on the streets of Rwanda who are experiencing this same type of fear as I type.  I imagine that they feel trapped by their situations and circumstances just as I did all those years ago.  The difference was that I had a hope.  I had a promise of hope of a better life, a redeemed life that only Christ can offer. 

There is an urgency in me to get back to Rwanda.  An urgency to pull these girls off the streets and share this hope with them.  An urgency to share with them the love that Jesus has deposited in me.  To share the truth that God is love and that there is no fear in love because perfect love DRIVES OUT fear (1 John 4:16-18).  God's timing is always perfect, and I can rest in knowing that he is working behind the scenes preparing hearts for the work of the village and I Will Stand, Intl.  Please join me praying for all that will need to be done for these girls and pray for their protection right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment