Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Longing for Rwanda



This morning is my third morning being back home from my trip to Rwanda, and I am filled with a deep sadness and longing to be back in Rwanda.  I am not sure how God will work out all the details for me to get back, but I know that he has work for me to do in Rwanda.  I want to walk alongside the women and children that I met.  I want to do life alongside them, encouraging them in their walk with the Lord. 

God's presence was so tangible the past two weeks in the midst of such pain and sorrow.  Truly when we leave our comfortable places and venture to the places of brokeness and weakness, we find a deeper presence of the Almighty.  The joy and hope that I saw in the eyes of the ones who knew Christ was undeniably the work of the Lord; it would not have been humanly possibly to forgive and receive joy in the face of the sheer evil that these people have experienced.  There is an inward strength in these people that is intriguing as the source comes only from the Lord.  Not many people that I know would want to continue living after the experiences of the people that I met; yet, they do and with a peace that surpasses all understanding.

I have some things that God is stirring in me.  I want to pray a bit further before I open up and share.  My desire is to always make sure that I am following in His steps and not my own.  I pray that God expands your territory and that you have daily encounters that undeniably show you the presence of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment