"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."   Matthew 11:28

My intention was not to wait this long before posting another blog; however, such revelation has taken place this month in regards to my relationship with Christ. I was reminded yesterday that my last blog post was quite some time ago, and the subject matter was Waiting at the Feet of Jesus. I find it simply amazing that when God starts stirring something inside of me that He quickly equips me with the tools and knowledge to gain deeper understanding. This month, I have been in total awe of God and have been falling in love with Him more than I ever have before.



I have heard and believed that the book Song of Solomon was a reflection of the relationship between us and Christ, but I had such a hard time viewing God as my intimate lover and as someone that I would intimately chase after. Don’t get me wrong, I loved God…..I would read my bible, pray, go to church, and try to be as good of a Christian that I could be. I believed that God wanted to bless me and had my best interest at heart, but I always believed too that I had to do my part.

Have you ever wanted to be in a relationship with someone, but it seems that no matter what you do, you just can’t get close enough to them? I have had moments where I have felt close to God and could feel His warmth, but I wanted more. I wanted to literally feel Him surrounding me on an ongoing basis. This month God has been showing me how to close the gap. He has been showing me how to receive His continual blessing and favor on my life. He has been revealing to me how much he truly loves me which is releasing in me such an extreme love for Him and peace from Him. Out of this, the entire atmosphere of my family has changed, the attitudes of my children have changed, and our perspective on life has changed.

I am excited over the next few weeks to unfold more steps of my journey. I have gained a deeper revelation of the scripture in Matthew 11:28 where Jesus says, “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” I had a hard time understanding the full meaning of this scripture before because even though I had loved God as best as I could, some of the hardest work that I have ever done has been “for God” and some of the ugliest people that I have worked with have been “Christians.” (not all of course, but I now understand the hardness of hearts of some)

Friends, my prayer over the next few weeks is that your life will be dramatically transformed by new revelations of God’s word and by His unending and merciful love for you, His beloved.